Thursday 6 September 2012

everything


ramadan/eid
arabic/swedish
perfume obsession
tumblr addiction
islam/reconnection
internship
doctor
people/talking- true ones :D
gratitude/productivity
istikhara/hopes for the new year if i live through it inshaAllah/birthday 19

So the above is a list I made, last week I think. Outlining the various things I wanted to make sure I included in the next blog post I wrote. Take it as a contents list, if you will. 

So it’s been a while. 
I have discovered this summer that the longer the break from work/productivity the lazier I become. I honestly thought to myself: "Damn, 3 months off from uni, I am SOOO doing EVERYTHING!"
But sadly laziness and tumblr took over. I have never in my life spent soo much time on a single website. Its scary. But I guess good. Because now (thank God) im kinda over the obsession. I guess it was just a phase like most things in my life. That’s not to say I dont visit tumblr every now and then...
I'll mention some of my favorite tumblrs at the end of this post.

Oh maybe I should mention where I am, like, right now. I am sitting at a desk, in an office, within a lab..! I am currently on a research internship. Thought I'd get a taste of the academic life, working in scientific research. So far, amongst many things, ive learnt that research requires patience. For example, its 2.47 pm now and until just before i started writing this post I had been on my feet carrying out various experiments since 9.30am. But... now I have to wait for the various results and that takes time. Also it could go wrong which I've learnt happens quite often. So yeah, patience.
If anything though its made me realise that I think I would prefer working directly with people and doing science instead of just doing science. To be sure though I'll probs try and get some work with a hospital doctor. Anyways enough about my current situation.

So it was Ramadan last month! I am not going to lie, usually Ramadan always excites me but it didn’t that much this year. Maybe because I didn’t feel like I had made the most of this amazing month, even though I felt like I walked away from it with much stronger faith. I dont know, I dont really like spending ramadan in the UK. (I wish I had gone away somewhere this summer :( )

Eid on the other hand was great. The weather was lovely here in the UK (surprisingly) and we all prayed in the park. I have pictures so will upload soon!!! and I got to chill and hang out with my one of my favorite cousins :D we also watched Brave: very good/funny film!

I really want to learn arabic by the way. Like, really. And also regain my fluency in swedish (did I mention thats where i grew up?). I love languages. I love to travel and I wish I could communicate with people in whatever country in their own tongue.

I have this very strange obsession with scents. I think its nice to be clean or whatever and just smell normal but personally i always want to smell of something (good) so I basically own way too many fragrances :/ Also (creep alert) I pay attention to people’s smells and I may make a comment if you smell nice. (and that is why i spend most of my time on the internet, folks)

so I just referred back to my little contents list and I cant really remember what I meant by: people/talking- true ones :D I guess you can make of it as you will. Though I like to mention talking. I dont think much good comes out of talking a lot. Personally I prefer just listening but I often find myself talking a lot when I feel uncomfortable, which is pretty much every time I'm in a large group of people.
On that note, I was speaking to a friend yesterday who told me she doesnt like hanging out with herself, her own company. It made me think about how important it is that one is able to live with him/herself and their thoughts. other people should not give you value or worth; we are all cool people and sometimes its good to be away from things to reflect methinks. I dont know, personally I prefer doing my own thing but knowing I am not alone, in the sense that If I feel the need for company I wont have to look far for it.

Also the phrase 'true one' reminds me that I dont think I always appreciate the people I have around me. Let alone all the things I and you (yes you, reading this) have been blessed with.

Oh, I turned 19 in august (am aging). Some of my hopes for this year: better work ethic, exercising, learning languages and to talk less.  Also have various aims which I wont go into hear, just uni related ones and shtuff. Istikhara is a prayer muslims can offer when looking for guidance about making a decision.

Anyway, I realise this post is all over the place. Some more coherent ones (that involve less words and more pictures) soon, hopefully.

Take care lovelies and enjoy the remainder of your summers :D

2 comments:

  1. It has been long! And I don't think you've been unproductive if you've landed yourself a research opprtunity. Would love to know more about that side btw if you don't mind..I'm also in the clinical feild so its always interesting to find other sisters out there with another thing in common!
    Hope you've been well =))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Roshni! Thats so cool, and I know its always exciting to find people who are studying similar things to you etc, especially sisters!! If only there was a messaging tool thing on this website it would be easier to talk... If you have a tumblr let me know (coz you can message people on there) otherwise we'll think of something (I dont know if I should just put my email address on here O.o)

    ReplyDelete